Position title: Copy Editor
Location: Oakville, ON
Job type: Full time
Rubicon Publishing Inc., a leading educational publishing company, is looking for an experienced Copy Editor to join our award-winning team.
- Fact-check all copy for correctness and accuracy
- Proofread all copy for spelling, grammatical, and structural issues
- Ensure text aligns with house style and meets various series guidelines
- Collaborate with editorial and design teams and authors during writing and editing stages
- Maintain Rubicon’s publishing integrity and standards
- Keep abreast of curriculum changes and trends in publishing
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Copy-editing experience
- A passion for delivering high-quality, innovative resources to students worldwide
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- In-house experience editing language arts, science, or social studies resources for elementary, middle school, and/or high school a plus
- Teaching experience a plus
About Rubicon Publishing Inc.
Founded in 1987, Rubicon Publishing is an award-winning publisher of K–12 educational resources for students and educators. Rubicon combines innovative ideas with a strong foundation in education to create original and imaginative resources of the highest quality. With a focus on improving literacy and numeracy, Rubicon books and learning materials help students in the areas of language arts, math, social studies, science, and more.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.