Position title: Senior Editor
Location: Oakville, ON
Job type: Full time
Rubicon Publishing Inc., a leading educational publishing company, is looking for an experienced Editor to join our award-winning team.
- Engage in all aspects of developmental editing, rewriting, proofreading, research, and fact-checking
- Work with authors and reviewers during writing and editing stages
- Collaborate with editorial and design teams and authors during writing and editing stages
- Supervise editors and editorial assistants
- Maintain Rubicon’s publishing integrity and standards
- Keep abreast of curriculum changes and trends in publishing
- Contribute ideas for new print and digital projects
- Create prototypes and marketing materials
Skills and Qualifications
- A passion for delivering high-quality, innovative resources to students worldwide
- In-house experience editing math, language arts, or social studies resources for elementary, middle school, and/or high school
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detail-oriented – copy-editing experience a plus
- Teaching experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced working environment
About Rubicon Publishing Inc.
Founded in 1987, Rubicon Publishing is an award-winning publisher of K–12 educational resources for students and educators. Rubicon combines innovative ideas with a strong foundation in education to create original and imaginative resources of the highest quality. With a focus on improving literacy and numeracy, Rubicon books and learning materials help students in the areas of language arts, math, social studies, science, and more.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.