Grade levels: Kindergarten to Grade 8
Specs: Web-based platform
MathUP is a system-wide solution that brings professional learning where it will benefit you most.
MathUP offers a robust set of focused tools to help build capacity in teaching mathematics through professional learning for both teachers and administrators. It empowers teachers and principals with the knowledge and processes to build a successful math learning environment and school math culture.
Created by Marian Small, MathUP Classroom is a comprehensive, online, K–8 instructional solution that helps build teachers’ knowledge and understanding of mathematics so that they can better help their students.
With rich professional learning woven throughout the resource, MathUP Classroom is designed to support teachers in:
- Building confidence in teaching math
- Teaching through the use of essential understandings
- Teaching and assessing with intentionFocusing on effective ways to consolidate learning
- Using three-part lessons for all Ontario curriculum expectations
- Increasing student engagement through critical and creative thinking
- Reaching all learners and extending their learning
Click here to learn more about MathUP Classroom.
Developed by Doug Duff, MathUP School is a proven process that empowers elementary principals to build a successful math culture across the entire school. MathUP School supports principals in:
- Leading measurable and sustainable whole-school improvement in mathematics
- Gathering, analyzing, and quantifying data to promote whole-school professional learning
- Using a step-by-step process based on evidence and insights drawn from their own students’ learning
Click here to learn more about MathUP School.
Dr. Marian Small is an internationally renowned mathematics educator, author, and professional learning consultant. Dr. Small, whose career in education has spanned more than four decades, is considered one of the most influential math educators in Canada. She has authored or co-authored more than 85 math resources and travelled to mathematics classrooms around the world to provide consultation focused on improving understanding and performance in K–12 mathematics.
Doug Duff has been a Principal and a Principal Instructional Leadership Coach with the Thames Valley District School Board in London, Ontario, Canada for the past 20 years. He has been particularly interested in math education and school improvement in various capacities both nationally and internationally. He has worked with a major Canadian publisher as a Senior Consultant, multi-grade textbook author, and an international presenter for mathematics leadership and professional learning.
Currently he has two resources in publication with Rubicon Publishing Inc. and ASCD on school improvement in mathematics education.
Want to be the first to know more? Sign up below for more information and to receive ongoing updates about the program.